Fall Conference Alumni Opportunity:
OASC is hosting Fall Conference virtually this year on November 7th! The conference will be held over the Zoom platform and, as a result, we need a lot of hands to make this a great experience for all attendees and those involved.
Here is where we need your help:
1. Workshop Presenters
- Need 6 presenters (3 per round)
– 3 workshops of original content by OASC alumni/staff
– There are 2 workshops per round that are networking/idea shares. If you are interested in being the “presenter” (moreso facilitator!) of one of those workshops, please add a note on the attached Google Form.
- Presenters need to be available between 1p-2:10p on November 7th
- Create a 30-minute presentation based on topic, idea, or concept with supporting slides; presentation to be live (not pre-recorded)
– BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ presenters will be prioritized
– To see presentation topics that the OASC Board is interested in seeing presented, please open the Google Form attached.
– Presenters can have a co-presenter if desired
– Presenters can select their own hosts if it best serves the workshop and is agreed upon by OASC.
- Workshops will be recorded and shared with attending member schools after the conference
2. Workshop Hosts
- Need a minimum of 20 people
– Dependent on workshop presenters inviting their own hosts or not
- The goal of 2 hosts per 1 presenter
- Hosts need to be available between 1p-2:10p
- Per 30-minute workshop, assisting with the entry of attendees into workshops, monitoring chat, assisting presenter with needs, prompting discussion, cataloging resources and links shared in the chat
- Hosts need to be comfortable with Zoom and functions within the platform
3. “Alumni Safety Squad”
- Need minimum 5 people per general session
- Alumni Safety Squad needs to be available between 9:45a-12p and 2:20p-3p
- Assist with entry of attendees into workshops, monitoring chat, assisting presenters with needs, prompting discussion, facilitating small breakout rooms for debriefing after keynote speaker, prompting discussion, cataloging resources and links shared in the chat. Squad need to be comfortable with Zoom and functions within the platform
Here’s the timeline of our needs:
By Friday, 10/9: If you’re interested in assisting OASC, please fill out this form by the 9th.
- Monday, 10/12: Confirmation of your role (presenter, host, Alumni Safety Squad) will be confirmed with you via email.
- Friday, 10/16: General outline and goals of presentation provided to OASC for review
- Friday, 10/30: Final presentation submitted to OASC and is practiced, fully developed for dress rehearsal
- Weekend of 10/30: Dress rehearsal for 2 hours to run through all aspects of conference
- Saturday, 11/7: OASC Virtual Fall Conference
Thank you for your helping OASC continue to provide outstanding opportunities for our state’s student leaders to come together. We couldn’t do it without you. If you have any questions or concerns about potential roles, the day of the event, or otherwise, please let me know! Feel free to contact me (text/call) on my personal number: 971-237-6866.
Wishing you all the best,
– Susy Sayles, Administration and Program Support