OREGON DELEGATION TO NASC 2017
NASC 2017: NEW HAMPSHIRE
National Conference, June 22-28, 2017 – a time for students to expand their leadership potential and network with thousands of other students from across our great nation! Sponsored by the National Association of Student Councils and hosted by Pinkerton Academy, New Hampshire.
$1699: Trip includes flight, conference, hotel, entrance fee, most meals and state swag.
$200 deposit needed within 2 weeks of selection to secure spot.
Thursday, June 22
Fly to Boston, MA
Dinner in Little Italy
Stay at Hampton Inn Boston
Friday, June 23
Tour Harvard University
Saturday, June 24
Paul Revere Walking Trail
Sunday, June 25
Drive to New Hampshire (1 Hour)
Pre-Conference Activity with NHASC
Monday, June 26 – Wednesday, June 28
NASC Conference at Pinkerton Academy
Wednesday, June 28
Fly back to PDX
Who is Eligible? Students entering grades 9-12 in the fall of 2017 and advisers. Must be from an OASC & NASC Member School. (Sorry, we are unable to take graduating seniors.)
How do I sign up? Because there are only 8 spots available, students will need to apply to attend the NASC National Conference in New Hampshire with the Oregon Delegation by March 6th.
To Apply, fill out the application form below. If selected, you will be asked to fill out and send in an additional form along with a $200 deposit within 2 weeks after selected to secure spot. Your deposit is Non-Refundable, but will be credited to your balance. Students will be notified if they are selected by March 15th.
How do I raise the $$ to attend NASC?
1. Ask your ASB to help pay all or part of your NASC registration fee ($385). Afterall, you will be representing your school and bringing back lots of new ideas to help them!
3. Peerbackers allows you to harness the power of your social network (websites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) to raise money in an easy, organized, effective way—all on one website.
- You already have a large social network online, comprised of people who’d love to support you.
- Peerbackers accepts credit cards. No more waiting for that check in the mail.
- If someone pledges a certain amount of money, you can “reward” them however you’d like. For instance, if someone donates $50, you can offer a night of babysitting, mow their lawn for a month, or volunteer at a local charity. Peerbackers has great ideas for other incentives.
- Peerbackers lets others track your progress towards your goal.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK? IT’S SIMPLE:
- Create a profile online. Tell your backers about yourself and why they should fund you. Include photos and videos to help get your message across.
- Send emails, tweets, and posts to your friends and family straight from Peerbackers.
- Watch the money drop into your bank account through paypal.
Get started today! Submit your project to peerbackers.com.